- The world is marked by unity and diversity - the human body, one and yet diverse in its many parts - all of nature, birds, fish, etc.
- Unity is what the human family is designed to live.
- Unity is the opposite of Uniformity - uniformity equals the death of unity.
- Diversity is essential to unity.
- Rather than detracting from unity, diversity enriches unity.
- We sabotage unity when we make diversity a catalyst of division.
- All the love and the dialogue, the goodness and truth, all the justice and peace we live every day, lead us along the path to unity.
Unity in Diversity in the light of Christian Faith
- God is LOVE - a love shared and communicated among Father, Son and Holy Spirit so deeply and fully that God is one
- All of created reality shares in and mirrors God's life. In a special way, women and men in their complementary natures are the crowning reflection of the unity in diversity of the divine life.
- As Church we see Unity as a gift of God to be received in faith, a vocation to be lived in hope and a task to be carried out in love.
- Unity was Christ's greatest plea for his disciples on the night before his death.
"May they all be one, just as, Father, you are in me, and I am in you, so that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe it was you who sent me."(John 17:21)
- Unity is never fully achieved, there are always wider horizons.
- We build unity in our family, with our neighbors, in our community, our workplace, among cultures and nations.